Responsibility for hygiene team at Newport, ensuring that the team has agreed procedures and documentation is in place that is relevant and being followed.
• Work with all departments to understand their challenges and help them attain the required hygiene standard.
• Be the site expert in use of cleaning processes, procedures and good manufacturing practice (GMP) standards to achieve best practice.
• Support good health and safety working practice in the development of cleaning processes and procedures.
• Review out of specification results from micro or other testing carried out, investigate and implement corrective action as necessary.
• Be knowledgeable of customer codes of practice and requirements including BRC and other retail and food service customers.
• Represent the company during audits presenting information relating to hygiene matters.
• Carry out audits of site hygiene standards and CIP performance.
• Ensure sufficient resource is available to maintain required standards in the waste and recycling areas.
• Develop a culture of continuous improvement within the company for all hygiene related issues
- Experience of being involved in customer audits and visits in relation to Hygiene
- UK food industry and food retailer’s knowledge
- Auditing skills and food hygiene qualification
- IT literate
- Good understanding of HACCP – ideally COSHH and HACCP trained
- A flexible approach to working around a 24/7 business
- Food Safety & Hygiene qualification
- Understanding of allergen cleaning regimes
- Good time management and clear focus on prioritising tasks
- Ability to portray a positive image of the company and its values in a professional manner at all times.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply by CV to Rebecca Chapman – Rebecca.Chapman@billingtonfoodservice.com
Working Days – Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon & Tues Hours per week – 37.5