JOB TITLE: Operative
DEPARTMENT: Production Newport
REPORTS TO: Shift Supervisor
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Operator duties
MAIN PURPOSE: To produce and pack all products to set recipes and specifications to the highest quality and hygiene standards. To portray a positive image of the company and its values in a professional manner at all times.
RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY TASKS
- Portray a positive image of the company and its values in a professional manner at all times.
- Work reliably and accurately, adhering to all work instructions, packing methodology and line checks.
- You must ensure all machinery, mechanical handling equipment and safety devices are used in accordance with company procedure and Health & Safety training.
- Ensure first pack check procedure is followed prior to starting any product run.
- Ensure all products are produced to the right quality and the right quantity, the first time, all the time.
- All waste is to be handled in a hygiene manner and your hands are washed prior to you returning to your normal duties.
- Ensure start, Middle & end samples are kept for QC purpose also 1 keeping sample.
- Ensure all raw materials and packing that are being returned to the warehouse are clean, suitably wrapped to prevent foreign contamination and accurately labelled with all the relevant information.
- Ensure all glass breakage is recorded also handled in accordance with company training.
- Ensure all cleaning chemical are handled in accordance with company training and diluted to the manufacturers recommended levels.
- Ensure all production/cleaning records are updated on a daily basis.
- Ensure that all product is correctly loaded and stacked on good quality pallets in accordance with the packaging methodology.
- Report any packaging and product losses to your direct line Supervisor.
- Ensure that all packaging entering the packing hall is stored safely and efficiently and that the goods inwards area is kept clear, clean and tidy at all times. All outer packaging is removed prior to moving the packing onto the processing line.
- To follow policies and procedures put in place by the Company including those relating to recipes or non-conforming products.
- Any other duties which might reasonably be requested in association with this role in order to meet
the needs of the business.
- Adhere to all company rules and procedures, paying particular attention to health and safety & quality.
If interested email your CV over to Samantha Walker – Samantha.Walker@englishprovender.com