Job Title: People Assistant
Reports To: People Manager
Responsible For: N/A
Main Purpose: To provide an efficient and effective HR service to internal customers, complying with employment legislation and internal procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY TASKS
- Portray a positive image of the company and its values in a professional manner at all times.
- Update relevant HR systems
- Maintain personnel files, ensuring confidentiality at all times.
- Efficiently manage the process of staff leaving the business e.g. exit interviews, documentation, and return of company property.
- Process changes to employee personal information such as addresses and bank details.
- Support probation reviews.
- Maintain sickness and holiday records on T&A system.
- Support HR Administrator in analysing clocking’s on T&A system and investigate discrepancies.
- Support the audit process as required.
- Support in the update of new/ existing policies, procedures and forms.
- Support in the administration of pay reviews, bonuses, updating of notice boards, distribution of payslips etc.
- Update the weekly internal vacancies notice and display on site.
- Provide support for the recruitment process including the arrangement of interviews, selection tools and questions for all job vacancies.
- Prepare contracts and offers for new starters
- Manage hourly paid recruitment
- Manage employee of the month process
- Attend disciplinary, grievance and appeal meetings as required to take minutes in accordance with best practice and legislative requirement.
- Carry out relevant project work
- The role will understand and act within the guidelines set by the Data Protection Act.
- The role will deal with prospective employees in a professional manner ensuring that there is no discrimination. All correspondence is to be conducted professionally and the information to be accurate.
- The role will deal with requests from varied external bodies, including references for employees, mortgage and rent references etc. When financial information is required this must be passed through Head Office.
- The role will act within the confines of employment law. All employees must be treated without discrimination and must be allowed to work legally.
- Raise Purchase Orders as required.
- Provide further administration and analysis as required.
- Ensure the welfare needs of employees are considered and where possible fulfilled.
- Support the promotion of a positive workplace free from bullying, harassment, and discrimination of any form.
- To ensure effective communication between all levels and throughout the department.
- Any other duties which might reasonably be requested in association with this role in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Adhere to all company rules and procedures, paying particular attention to health and safety.
If interested email your CV over to Samantha Walker – Samantha.Walker@englishprovender.com