JOB TITLE: Production Engineer
REPORTS TO: Engineering Team Leader
RESPONSIBLE FOR: N/A
MAIN PURPOSE: To maintain the operational performance of all site machinery and plant whilst ensuring a safe working environment together with meeting business KPI’s by reducing downtime and rejects and maximising product efficiency and quality.
RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY TASKS
- Portray a positive image of the company and its values in a professional manner at all times.
- Effective maintenance of plant and machinery including the installation and commissioning of new equipment.
- Set up, fault finding and repairs to all production machinery, support services and auxiliary plant
- Operation of PPM routines.
- Effective team work, communication and co-operation with all other internal departments.
- Maintenance of engineering workshop, equipment and services including routine housekeeping and administrative duties.
- Perform regular rounds of the site and equipment, identifying and reporting defects and issues that affect the structure or reliability of the facility.
- Attend training as directed
- Training and coaching production staff to operate, problem solve and carry out routine maintenance.
- Maintain comprehensive records of maintenance, defects, performance and corrective actions on CMMS of all works carried out.
- Administer spare part use in CMMS ensuring that spares and materials are accounted for to specific jobs/tasks. Account for and order when necessary all engineering consumable items
- Maintain engineering database, records and documentation in order, ensuring that information is recorded correctly and that manuals drawings and logs are administered correctly
- Promote continuous improvement and take a vigilant approach to identifying and solving problems following a logical thought process.
- Support the development of an environment where all the engineering team feel a sense of responsibility for improving the overall team performance.
- Be actively involved with the operations team to adhere to company standards and procedures on quality, hygiene and health and safety.
- Manage timing of preventative work to suit with production needs.
- Any other duties which might reasonably be requested in association with this role in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Adhere to all company rules and procedures, paying particular attention to health and safety.
If interested email your CV over to Samantha Walker – Samantha.Walker@englishprovender.com