Raw Material/Production Planner & Weighbridge Operator
ABOUT THE ROLE
We have an exciting opportunity for somebody looking to build a career in a fast-paced role at our animal feed manufacturing mill in Lancaster.
The Raw Material/Production Planner and Weighbridge Operator will be primarily responsible for ensuring that the mill is supplied with adequate raw materials to meet production requirements and to plan and oversee the production of finished product that meets sales, transport and stock demand in a manner that is efficient and cost effective. The jobholder will also operate the sites weighbridge, using the appropriate IT and process control systems, to record receipts and dispatch of authorised raw materials and finished products.
A key aspect of the role is liaising closely with the Site Manager, other Site Planners, Transport Supervisors and the Formulations department to ensure that the mill operates efficiently.
- Demonstrable experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- A background in animal feed manufacturing/agriculture would be advantageous.
- Experience of working within a similar role is desirable but training can be given for the right person who has the desire to learn and understand complex operations with a determined and resilient approach.
- Educated to A-Level standard or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the agricultural industry is preferred.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Strong numeracy and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure is a must.
As part of The Billington Group we offer a wide range of employee benefits including:
- An attractive salary package with a discretionary incentive scheme
- Annual salary reviews in September each year
- Opportunity to work for a well-established family-owned business with ambitions for growth and innovation
Health, Lifestyle and Future
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Company sick pay
- Medical cash plan options
- 25 days holiday per year plus 8 bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible life assurance and critical illness cover
- Employee discounts
- Salary finance benefits
- Training and development opportunities
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants should expect to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited for interview. CBAL recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applicants from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.
Please send CV’s through to Emily Rushton at email@example.com