JOB TITLE: Shift QA Assistant
REPORTS TO: QA Supervisor
To maintain company standards, reviewing the condition and age of ingredients to ensure they are controlled with regard to age and use by dates. To ensure that requests from planning & customer service are met within the boundaries of quality & food safety limits. .
RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY TASKS
- Portray a positive image of the company and its values in a professional manner at all times.
- To be a self-motivated person who can work alone, use their initiative and take responsibility in making decisions concerning the quality of product & raw materials made and used every day.
- To be able to work within a team and with other departments, as well as be flexible in both working environment (including Warehouse, Factory and Office) whilst working to a shift pattern, be able to have a positive input to the team.
- Ensure a high standard of hygiene is constantly met and kept to within the working environment.
- To ensure all products are made correctly to specification, labelled and packaged correctly. Investigate defective finished goods/returns in relation to customer complaints and internally report back to the relevant technical person.
- Carry out independent QA checks during production and mark these checks on production QA paperwork in red along with any resulting corrective actions.
- Review 28 day & suspended stock daily, investigating issues when required & updating systems.
- Review shelf life & usage of ingredients for our products on a daily basis, suspending & disposing of stock when needed.
- Ensure GMP, G&P and a high standard of hygiene is constantly met and kept to within the working environment and audits are completed as per schedule
- Ensure samples are collected & prepared for testing where required.
- To ensure the chiller & freezer temperature audits are completed as per procedure.
- To be fully trained in testing procedures and calibration procedures.
- To be competent in using a computer for logging data or retrieving information.
- To be able to check paperwork for accuracy and rectify mistakes arising.
- To attend meetings / take responsibility in the absence of the QA supervisor.
- Produce a shift report detailing issues raised and actions taken during the shift.
- To ensure that standards relating to integrity and adhered to within the factory and warehousing.
- Any other duties which might reasonably be requested in association with this role in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Adhere to all company rules and procedures, paying particular attention to health and safety.
If interested please email and send your CV over to Samantha Walker – Samantha.Walker@englishprovender.com