Group Technical Lead
Food Safety, integrity and legality of products made at the Newbury site, site hygiene standards and compliance to customer codes of practice and industry guidelines
MAIN RESPONSIBILITES/KEY TASKS:
- Demonstrate role model effective and fair leadership behaviours. Ensuring effective communication between technical shift managers.
- Responsible for ensuring product safety and quality at the Newbury site.
- Drive site compliance to certification requirements & customer codes of practice i.e. BRC
- Be the lead for the technical function during customer audits and technical visits.
- Senior member of the HACCP team driving site compliance with food safety plan and facilitating continuous improvement of both CCP and prerequisite programmes controls.
- Act as a food safety and quality guardian in the incident process and during the decision-making process and ensure real time decisions are made.
- Challenge the need for concessions from established by procedures practices and drive change.
- Support other members of wider technical team to drive key technical KPIs including but not limited to: customer complaints, taste panel results, product micro performance, environmental performance where factory issues occur.
- Actively participate in the delivery of internal audit plan.
- Facilitate and when required take ownership of timely closures of internal and external non-conformances.
- Drive root cause analysis and corrective action for identified issues
- Develop our culture of maintaining good GMP at all times. Ensure audits take place, that they are sufficiently detailed and are effective and escalated as necessary.
- Create an environment of continuous improvement within the team, where all team members feel a sense of responsibility for improving overall team performance and each team member feels important.
- Develop, coach and monitor the performance of supervisors and team members to support their achievement of production and team development and training objectives.
- Drive technical agenda during the through the management meeting schedule.
- Active member of the factory management team builds relationships with factory and warehouse management and forms effective, co-operative relationships with the other managers and their teams.
- Explore innovative ways of driving improved performance and motivating the team
- Maintain and develop the company quality systems to ensure we get things right first time.
- Monitor spend against agreed budgets. Report any variances on a monthly basis.
- Be a member of the crisis management team
- Adhere to all company rules and procedures, paying particular attention to health and safety.
- Any other duties which might reasonably be requested in association with this role in order to meet the needs of the business.
Quality Assurance team
- Develop a one team approach to QA activities onsite
- Ensure that the job description and duties of the ‘QA Supervisors’ are being adhered to and are correct for the needs of the business. Ensuring the team is supported, coached and developed.
- Ensure that the factory operations team is supported by the QA department.
- Ensure sufficient resource for the QA team (including night shift) to complete their responsibilities and duties.
- Manage and develop systems and procedures to maintain product quality on site through the companies quality management systems, critical and quality control points and company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the controls as identified in the HACCP plans for the site are adhered to and developed in conjunction with the needs of the business.
- Ensure that all checks, data entry and paperwork are carried out accurately and on time, to conform to company policies.
- Communicate observable and measurable performance expectations, providing prompt feedback and taking early action to resolve quality problems.
- Run disciplined and effective review meetings for the QA team to review performance against targets, propose solutions for any issues and set stretch targets.
- Support the work of the Hygiene Manager to ensure high standards are maintained
- Ensure that a feedback loop is in place for hygiene and micro failures
- Ensure that a culture of continuous improvement is in place for hygiene standards on site and recommendations of improvement are followed through.
- Foods safety level 3
- HACCP level 3
- Auditing certificate
- Experienced in:
- Raw material & packaging specifications, Retailer, B2B and foodservice customers, Technical management of factory,
Hosting audits, People management
- Knowledge of Food Safety, Quality Systems, BRCGS Standards & Customer standards
- Computer literate and able to adapt skills to various platforms
- Excellent time management
- Able to manage change
- Foods safety level 4
- HACCP level 4
- Degree in food related discipline
- Experienced in CIMSCEE
- Experience working with ambient stable product range
- Customer management experience
- Ability to use foods connected & unity competently
- Knowledge/previous history working with M&S
- HACCP team leader
English Provender Company, Greenham Business Park, Newbury, Berkshire, RG19 6HA
HOW TO APPLY:
People contact: Samantha Walker
Covering Letter and CV emailed to Samantha.Walker@englishprovender.com