Group ERP Manager
The Billington Group have invested heavily in IT systems over the past few years and continue to pursue a strategy focused on:
- Upgrading existing systems to ensure that they remain fully supported and best-in-class.
- Consolidating as many business functions as possible into a single system.
- Fully utilising systems to improve operational efficiency.
- Providing reporting that allows proactive decision making.
An opportunity has arisen for as a Systems Implementation and Support Analyst to join us to support both the Group and its subsidiary businesses’ ERP and HR/Payroll systems.
- Manage internal customer expectations.
- Provide an internal first-line support service to all users, escalating and managing second line support cases with external software providers.
- Formulate plans for existing problem resolution to current work arounds in place, support actions, development moving forward and co-ordinate resources.
- Take lead on ensuring all updates are completed within a timely manner, ensuring the minimum amount of down time during core operating times.
- Train system users and produce training/ongoing support documentation.
- Contribute to ongoing development of department performance, procedures and templates.
- Troubleshoot issues.
- Support business reporting requirements.
- Work with colleagues at all levels of the business and use analytical and relationship management skills to understand, challenge and document processes and requirements.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement.
- Play a lead role within Steering Groups working with both Group and site teams on challenges within the systems.
- Be the translator between business users and suppliers.
- Work collaboratively across the Group to identify opportunities for standardisation/better utilisation of existing systems.
- Design and implement holistic solutions that meet the business’ requirements.
- Clearly document/communicate relevant business decisions and implications.
- Portray a positive image of the business and its values in a professional, friendly and helpful manner.
- Perform any other duties which might reasonably be requested in association with this role in order to meet the needs of the business.
KEY SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Experience implementing and designing system/process change.
- Experience leading/coordinating UAT and training.
- Desire to understand how a business and its IT systems work and interact.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Strong levels of communication and interpersonal skills; confident dealing with a wide cross section of people.
- Ability to work with, facilitate and lead small teams as well as working independently.
- Self-motivated and driven, takes pride in completing tasks to a high standard, with a “right first time” attitude.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Proactive and flexible approach.
- Ability to prioritise, work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail, strong verbal, written & numerical skills.
- Passionate and enthusiastic to learn new skills.
- Previous experience of working within the food manufacturing/FMCG industry.
- Previous experience working with Personnel/Payroll systems
- Previous experience with Sanderson (Aptean) UnityF8 software.
- Previous experience with Frontier’s CHRIS21 software.
- Previous experience with SQL.
Cunard Building, Liverpool, L3 1EL
Based out of the Billington Group’s head office in Central Liverpool, but with considerable scope for working from home, the successful candidate will – post Covid-19 – often be working two or three days a week at any of the Group’s businesses.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a covering letter and CV to: