Under the direction of the Process Development Manager, provide Technical support to the business
by liaising with both suppliers and customers for all technical requirements relating to finished products.
Portray a positive image of the company and its values in a professional manner at all times.
• Working within the Technical team, reporting directly to the Process Development Manager, you will
build strong relationships across our extensive Foodservice and B2B customer range.
• Responsible for creating Finished Product Specifications in accordance with critical paths to facilitate
successful product launches in often very tight timeframes across a range of specification platforms
ensuring all data generated is correct, accurate and on time.
• Working closely with cross functional teams to ensure food safety, quality and legal standards are
maintained through detailed product specifications.
• Ensure compliance to customer policies for own label brand products whilst also being aware of the
‘end’ customer requirements.
• Support the Development team with all NPD product compliance checks to include nutritional reviews
in accordance to customer policy, review product claims and provenance and CIMSCEE calculations
ensuring only food safe products can pass through the gating system.
• Create new product information forms, sample submission and new line forms for all new products
and within agreed timelines.
• On-going finished product specification maintenance within in a timely manner ensuring specifications
are up to date and valid.
• Where required support with product trials and launches within the factory updating the in-house
system (unity) with any recipe/processing method amends, while ensuring systems are kept up to date
with all technical information.
• Create primary and outer case product labelling and review new packaging artwork during the NPD
• Provide technical support to the company by answering Technical enquiries and providing Technical
information on request.
• Assist in the development/maintenance of company policies in line with new legislation, customer
requirements and company standards.
• Manage objectives set by the Process Development Manager and where possible complete within the
• Any other tasks as required by the Process Development Manager and other duties which might
reasonably be requested in association with this role in order to meet the needs of the business.
• Adhere to all company rules and procedures, paying particular attention to health and safety.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
Food Technology Qualification/Degree or formal training on all major food specification platforms
• Understanding of Food labelling legislation
• Experience as a Specification Technologist with the Food Industry
• Experience of writing product specifications for all major B2B and Foodservice customers
• HACCP trained
• Managing projects to tight timeframes
• Great internal and external communication skills
• A flexible approach to working around a 24/7 business
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply by CV to Rachel Hoffmann – Rachel.Hoffmann@billingtonfoodservice.com